Letting my Café Racer project go… According to the serial #,this appears to be #643 off the production line for the Debut year of 1977. VIN # 7F00643H7. As you look through the pictures, please ignore the date stamp wherever it appears as I didn’t set the date on my old digital camera when I actually took the pics on 11/24/21.
This is a matching numbers bike with a signed Texas title. I haven’t completed it to the point that it’s running, but it’s extremely close to being there. Restating that… this bike doesn’t currently run. Using a bore scope, it was determined that the pistons are new and it has a new top-end. The rear brake is working properly. The engine turns over freely and has strong compression.
The following is a list of things to take note of concerning the completion of this restoration:
- Front Brake calipers need rebuild kits (master cylinder works fine, but it is chrome and not black)
- Petcock needed for Fuel Tank (Tank is very clean on the inside and has no rust nor any issues!)
- Missing are: Blinkers (common), Mirrors (custom), Mufflers (custom)
- Front Fairing clear part is broken with areas missing. The fairing has a4-point connection with only 2-points currently connected.)
- Indicator light assembly for the blinkers, oil, gen is missing (it goes abovethe gauges – see pic)
- Primary chain tensioner needs to be installed along with the clutch cable.
- Carburetor is complete but will probably need a rebuild kit.
- Breather box backing plate isn’t correct as it appears to interfere with the linkage.
- Rear wiring needs to be connected for the taillight and blinkers.
- Front fender may be missing a couple of brackets – as I could not figure out how to
I’ve tried to be as thorough as I could about of all the critical details of the bike. But I’m sure there will be things I may have overlooked. Please feel free to send me any questions you may have – especially before bidding.
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1977 Harley (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: aaarrrrrr
Location: Gainesville, Georgia, United States