A pro-built custom 611cc BSA Gold Star motor, crafted by a leading British expert, is housed in a Manx-type Norton Featherbed frame, modified specifically for the Goldie motor. A Manx front fork (built to modern standards) braces the most vaunted stopper of all time, a 250mm double-leading-shoe alloy Fontana drum brake. In the rear, a Manx-type conical hub and brake complete the pukka specifications and look.
The gorgeous fuel and oil tank are handmade aluminium specials made by Barnett’s of Ireland.
A few of the goodies include a Hayward belt primary drive and clutch, a custom BSA/Triumph 5-speed ‘box, a high-output Alton 12v alternator, and much more. There’s even an exhaust and head temperature gauge! See the list below for more specifications.
This ultimate café racer was built in 2004 by Dave Smith Classic Motorcycles for the current (and only) owner. On display most of the time, only 85 miles have been put on the machine since it was assembled, so it is still almost new throughout.
The Goldie fires up easily and runs beautifully. See the videos! It pulls as strong as you’d expect and it clutches and shifts more smoothly than my original Gold Star. And that front brake! OMG!
I wish I could have wrung it out some more on the video for you, but the residential street I was on has speed humps about every 20 feet (it seemed!), plus traffic, and the bike is on Non-Op so I was limited as to the test ride video.
There will no doubt be a bit of drool on some of your keyboards out there, so wipe it off and feel free to comment or ask me questions that I might not have covered.
• Built by Dave Smith Classic Motorcycles in 2004 for current owner
• Manx Norton Featherbed frame (modified for Gold Star) by Consort Eng. UK.
• Manx replica front fork by Consort Eng. UK.
• 250mm Fontana four-leading-shoe front brake
• Manx conical alloy rear hub/brake by Andy Molnar
• Polished Excel 18” shouldered alloy wheels
• Avon Super Venom tyres
• Custom alloy fuel and oil tanks by Barnett’s of Ireland
• Smith’s Chronometric speedo and tach
• Digital head/exhaust temperature gauge
• Custom 611cc BSA Gold Star DBD34GS motor by Phil Pearson, UK
• Pearson billet crankshaft
• Jawa Speedway connecting rod
• Keith Johnson Half-Mile cams
• Pearson Dural pushrods
• 9.5:1 Venolia piston
• Twin-plug, big-valve head
• Boyer ignition
• Amal 38mm Concentric Mk I Premier carb
• Hayward primary belt drive and clutch
• Triple drive side bearing
• Custom BSA/Triumph 5-Speed gearbox
• GSR Magneto kit
• Alton 12v 160w alternator
Video: Cold Start
This is the Ultimate Café Racer, sure to turn heads and win awards at classic motorcycle shows. It’s fantastic to ride. Unrepeatable opportunity!
Thanks for looking and good luck bidding! ~ Dave
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: dd-bay
Location: Canoga Park, California, United States