For sale is my strong running authentic 1978 Custom built Triumph Bonneville Café Racer. This bike was built by a veteran Triumph motorcycle mechanic. It only has about 70 miles since motor refresh. It has a current plate, insurance, and clear MA title in my name. A lot of money and time was spent. The following is a list of what was done.
– Frame was reinforced at all weld points and pressure tested. (OIF)
– New swing arm bushings installed.
– New timing side crank bearing.
– Brake cylinders changed.
– Brake calipers changed with hoses.
– 1979 Bonneville Special wheels (no tubes required and they run truer than spokes).
– New Veglia drive, cable, and speedo head.
– Metzler rear, new front tire fall 2016.
– New English version gas tank ordered directly from England with knee rubbers and badges.
– New rear café section ordered through Fast Glass in Florida with integrated seat.
– 1968 Headlight unit.
– Front fender from 1977 Bonneville.
– Brass pedestrian slicer/number plate ordered from England.
– Solid brass kick pedal.
– Clubman handlebars with Suzuki risers.
– Master brake cylinder from 2006 Bonneville.
– Motor head machined for level with .080 thick copper head gasket.
– Push rod tubes with undersized “o” rings and wedding band gaskets.
– New valve guides.
– Norton seals on intakes.
– Valves were ground and cleaned.
– Bored cylinders for .020 pistons with .004 clearance.
– 9.5 to 1 compression JCC pistons with Hastings rings.
– Mikuni carbs on extended spigots.
– Spigots on exhaust side to accept the 650 older style pipes.
– Dunstall style pipes.
– Titanium exhaust wrap with stainless steel fasteners.
– Custom mesh velocity stacks.
– 1st gear transmission cluster replaced.
– Clutch rod replaced.
– Clutch springs and hold down bolts replaced.
– Clutch friction plates replaced.
– New primary triple roller chain.
– New stator and spinning magnet.
– Battery eliminator Spanx unit.
– New points.
– Changed to negative ground.
– Front fairing is 1/4 Emco. (painted)
Location: Upton, Massachusetts, United States
See listing for this GREAT 1978 Triumph Bonneville from May 2, 2018